Our training and consultancy service aims to:
- Increase awareness of the needs of bereaved children and young people.
- Inform and build knowledge of impact of bereavement on children and young people.
- Increase and enable professionals and others who are supporting bereaved children and young people to respond and provide appropriate support.
- Provide information, enable and build capacity in professionals and others, to support children and young people to manage grief.
- Bereavement Awareness Sessions offered to schools, groups and professionals.
- Supporting families following sudden death.
- Supporting children following trauma.
- Keynote speakers.
- Direct work with children.
- Keeping memories safe.
- Targeted, specific workshops.
- Provision of information and advice on resources
- Advice to professionals on responding to and supporting children and their families.
- Direct mentoring to key workers.
- Advice and assistance to organisations on planning a response to emergencies and critical incidents.
- Support to agencies, professionals, organisations and companies on responding to a critical incident.
Archie Child Bereavement Service Trainers
- ACBS – our trustees and committee members come from a range of backgrounds, including education, social work and health. All have considerable knowledge, experience and skills in working with and supporting bereaved children, young people and their families.
- External professionals who have expert knowledge in specific areas of bereavement support.
“Speakers were very knowledgeable, delivered clear and precise presentation.”
“Excellent day. Very informative.”
“Anne’s approach to sharing her expertise has been very thought provoking and interesting. Thank you so much for this opportunity.”
“Very interesting, well run day. Thank you.”
“I have a better understanding with child bereavement since doing courses through your organisation.”
Whilst we offer free training and consultancy, a donation to cover travel and expenses is appreciated.
To find out more about Archie’s Child Bereavement Service or to discuss your needs:
Call us on 01224 554142. The line is staffed on a part-time basis, however our answering machine is available at all times and if you leave a message we will call you back.
Alternatively you can contact one of our Regional Bereavement Coordinators.
You can also follow our Child Bereavement Services page on Facebook.
Further Archie Child Bereavement Service Information;