Artist Co-ordinator, Oor Wullie’s BIG Bucket Trail
The Oor Wullie BIG Bucket Trail team are looking for a part-time Artist Co-ordinator to help bring the Inverness element of the first ever national public art trail to life.
The role of the Artist Co-ordinator will be to develop and manage the Art Programme culminating in a trail of 20+ Oor Wullie sculptures in Inverness. This will involve presenting a creative showcase, which will engage and inspire the public through the enjoyment of art and creativity whilst raising awareness of The ARCHIE Foundation.
This is a time-intensive role and would suit someone with an arts background who can coordinate the artwork submissions and manage artists.
As there will be as many as 20 artists painting in an Artist Hub, the individual must be able to provide dedicated support and guidance and ensure that the artwork is completed by the beginning of June. There will be some communications involved in helping to keep the artists up to speed with the project in addition to supporting the team with the creation of colourful content for PR & social media.
Main tasks include:
- Assist in raising awareness of the project within creative sector and local professional community in order to encourage submissions.
- Co-ordination of the Open Submission Process and private commissions of artwork
- Creation of design portfolio
- Manage a database of artists with all relevant information for communication, marketing and invoicing
- Co-ordination of artists working with sponsors and community groups
- Quality control of art and artwork
- Liaison with artists on work schedule
- Management (with assistance) of painting space
- Involvement in installation and de-installation
- Liaise with finance re payment of artists
- Manage a maintenance team of artists whilst artworks are on the streets
If you are interested in applying for the role please email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]