Every year The ARCHIE Foundation’s Friends of the Neonatal Unit organises an “Afternoon Tea” to mark World Prematurity Day*, which takes place on 17th of November. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable this year to physically hold our much-loved event, so instead our mascot, Neo, is teaming up with his best friend ARCHIE to invite you to join us for “Neo and ARCHIE’s Virtual Afternoon Tea”!
Pick any day in November, invite your friends and family and help us raise much needed funds to support all areas of our charity. From babies born too sick or too early, to tots, teens and everyone in between in need of treatment and care in one of the hospitals we support through to children who have suffered the loss of a loved one, we’re here to help every step of the way but we need your help to do this.
One way you can help is by hosting your own Virtual Afternoon Tea! Simply register below for your free event pack, pick a date in the month of November and invite your friends and family.
Your e-pack includes:
- How to set up and run your virtual Afternoon Tea Event
- A guide on how to set up a Just Giving page
- A guide on how to set up an online meeting
- An additional fundraising information sheet
- An info sheet about the support and services we offer
- Social media graphics you can share to let your friends and family know you are taking part
- A sponsorship form if you’d like to collect donations in person
- An E-Invitation for you to share with your friends.
* In more normal times our Neonatal Afternoon Tea is a physical event. We invite staff from the Neonatal Unit as well as families who have spent time there, whether recently or a long time ago, to come along and spend the afternoon eating cake, drinking tea and catching up. Families really appreciate the opportunity to speak to others who have gone through similar experiences or who were in the unit at the same time. It’s also a great chance for families to catch up with the NHS staff who were there for them during the hardest times in their lives and our NHS colleagues love to see the wee bundles they looked after growing up. This year we plan to host a virtual version of this event, watch this space for more information! But in the meantime, why not set up your own one?
Neo and ARCHIE’s Virtual Afternoon Tea is a campaign running throughout the month of November where we invite our supporters to host their own virtual event to raise funds for The ARCHIE Foundation.